geeks, priests and models: professional visit pass

    Foreigners need a Professional Visit Pass (or Pas Lawatan Ikhtisas in Malay) to undertake short-term assignments in Malaysia. PVP is given to the following categories of people: 1) foreign advisers, technical experts and volunteers; 2) foreign artists, film directors and entertainers; 3) foreign Islamic religious teachers and preachers; 4) foreign Christian, Buddhist, Hindu […]

red IC blues: applying for malaysian permanent residence (PR)

For a country with a rich history of immigration, Malaysia has been rather xenophobic lately about letting foreigners in for good. Since independence in 1957, permanent residence status in Malaysia is granted at the discretion of the Home Affairs Ministry to certain long-standing residents on account of their special relation or contribution to this country. […]